Photo credit: NASA/Joel Kowsky
The Boeing Starliner spacecraft has successfully launched atop a United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V rocket from Space Launch Complex-41 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida and has entered orbit. This uncrewed capsule is set to dock with the International Space Station at 7:10 p.m. ET on Friday, May 20. It’s transporting over 500-pounds of NASA cargo as well as crew supplies to the ISS and will return to Earth with nearly 600 pounds of cargo.
Once docked, the Expedition 67 crew will open Starliner’s hatch at approximately 11:45 a.m. ET Saturday, May 21. After its successful return and certification, future NASA missions aboard Starliner will carry up to four crew members to the ISS. Starliner is slated to depart the International Space Station on Wednesday, May 25, when it will undock and return to Earth, landing in a desert in the western U.S. What’s next? Possibly an uncrewed test of the NASA Orion spacecraft, which could double as a lunar space station.
LEGO Ideas International Space Station 21321 Building Kit, Adult Set for Display, Makes a Great Birthday Present (864 Pieces)
- Challenge your construction skills with this LEGO Ideas ISS (21321) display model, featuring 2 rotating joints with 8 adjustable ‘solar panels’, posable Canadarm2 and other authentic details to discover as you build
- This ISS model comes with a stand, 2 astronaut microfigures, a brick-built mini NASA space shuttle and 3 mini cargo spacecrafts to create a spectacular display and rekindle nostalgic memories of childhood LEGO projects
- Includes a 148-page booklet featuring fascinating facts about the International Space Station, the spaceship model’s fan creator and LEGO designer, and a celebration of the LEGO Ideas theme’s 10th anniversary
- A super treat for yourself, birthday present or holiday gift idea for space fans, adults aged 16+ or any experienced LEGO builder, this 864-piece set offers hours of creative fun, whether built solo or with friends
- This ISS (International Space Station) toy building kit for adults, measuring over 7” (20cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 19” (49cm) wide, makes a beautiful display model that will catch the eye of every passerby
I am incredibly grateful to our NASA, Boeing, and United Launch Alliance teams that have demonstrated persistence, resolve, and dedication to ensuring we were ready for launch today and for this flight test. We have learned so much as we’ve worked together to prepare for this mission, and we look forward to watching the spacecraft arrive at the space station for the first time and continuing to learn and improve as we prepare to fly our astronauts on Starliner,” said Kathryn Lueders, NASA associate administrator for space operations.
Apple’s internal report says that it doesn’t stifle employee speech
Best SSDs of 2022: Give Your Rig Some Love
Asus RT-AXE7800: Another Cool Wi-Fi 6E Router